Sympathy is no substitute for action
In 1990 after 10 years civil; strife the Peace and Hope Trust was invited by President Violeta Chamorro, President of Nicaragua, to support the programme of reconstruction and reconciliation
Five hoverdoctor expeditions to the headwaters of the world’s greatest rivers, including the Amazon and Yangtze, culminated in the crossing of Nicaragua in 1995.
The Trust has been reaching those not served by others ever since.
- We very much regret the cancellation of our Spring Gathering at Cliff College this weekend due to the exceptional weather conditions. We hope to rearrange the event later in the year.
- We have just sent another aid container comprising mainly medical supplies and equipment for Bluefields Hospital, which the Trust has been supporting for several years. Offers of more medical aid are gratefully received.
- The 2013 Spring Team are recently returned from Nicaragua. A 21 strong team built a community laundry, undertook a dental expedition, refurbished part of the local hospital, and carried out much community and pastoral work amongst the poor and marginalised.
- A small team is preparing to travel to Nicaragua in April / May to undertake development work in Bluefields.
- Applications are also being taken for the 2013 Summer Team, lift off 16th July for 3 weeks, for further information or to register interest contact the office or click here...
- The 2013 Peace and Hope coffee harvest is now available for sale in the UK. Medium roast, Dark roast or whole bean can be purchased through the office or by email...